Oct. 30, 2020
DC Ranch residents have additional opportunities to provide feedback to the city of Scottsdale on the Bell Road Sports Complex being built at the northwest corner of 94th Street and Bell and the lake that will provide water to the fields to be built on a City-owned park site on 91st Street.
They are as follows:
• Oct. 21 – Update of Scottsdale’s Municipal Use Site Plan for DC Ranch Neighborhood Park, this is a virtual presentation on the lake
• Nov. 5 – Bell Road Sports Complex presented for approval to Scottsdale Development Review Board. Click here for details.
• Nov. 18 – Bell Road Sports Complex presented for approval to Scottsdale Planning Commission. Click here for details.
• Dec. 1 – Bell Road Sports Complex presented for approval to Scottsdale City Council. Click here for details.
Sept. 10, 2020
At it’s meeting on Wednesday, Sept. 16, 2020 at 5 p.m., Scottsdale’s Parks and Recreation Commission will discuss plans to build multi-use sports fields at the northwest corner of 94th Street and Bell Road. Residents may submit a written comment regarding the project. For instructions, please view the agenda here.
Aug. 10, 2020
Residents are encouraged to participate in the City of Scottsdale’s virtual public meeting to provide feedback on the multi-use sports fields, which will be built on the northwest corner of 94th Street and Bell Road. View map.
Visit the project website from Aug.10-31, scroll down to the “Virtual Public Meeting” section, watch the presentation, review the additional materials, read the Frequently Asked Questions and submit your comments.
In addition to the fields, the site could include an office for park staff, maintenance area, a plaza, restrooms, walking path and parking lots. Phase one of the project includes constructing a 2-acre lake on a City-owned 14-acre park site at the southwest corner of 91st Street and Trailside View. The reclaimed water in the lake will be piped underground to the fields for irrigation purposes. The fields will be used for parking during large events such as the Phoenix Open and Barrett Jackson.
The northeast corner of 94th Street and Bell is also under consideration by the city for additional fields if a location closer to WestWorld cannot be secured. Additional public meetings will be held if this or other parcels are slated for development.
To learn more about how the fields will be lit, a lighting demonstration will take place at 8:30 p.m. on Wednesday, Aug. 19 on Field Number 5 at the Scottsdale Sports Complex at 8081 E Princess Dr, Scottsdale, AZ 85255. The demonstration will be held outdoors, but attendees are asked to wear a mask and practice social distancing by remaining six feet apart. Please sit or stand around the perimeter of the field.
Project Hotline: 480-312-4444
- Aug. 10-31
- Virtual Public Meeting
- Website: http://www.ScottsdaleAZ.gov/construction/project-list/bellroad-area-multi-use-sports-fields
- Aug. 19 at 8:30 p.m.
- Lighting Demonstration
- Scottsdale Sports Complex on field number 5
- 8081 E Princess Dr, Scottsdale, AZ 85255
- August and September 2020
- Native plants boxed for reuse on project land
- January 2022, Fields ready for play