Drivers in Scottsdale should plan for two long-term ramp closures on the Loop 101 (Pima Freeway) in conjunction with the ongoing improvement project. The ramp closures are needed to widen bridges and reconstruct ramps between Hayden and Pima/Princess roads to accommodate the additional lanes being constructed on the freeway.
[Click here to view map with detour routes]
Beginning at 9 p.m. Sunday, April 5, the following Pima Freeway ramps will be closed for construction through June:
• Hayden Road eastbound on-ramp
• Pima Road/Princess Drive eastbound off-ramp
- Eastbound detour: Drivers can exit the eastbound Pima Freeway at Hayden Road and travel south to connect with eastbound Pima Road. Drivers wanting to access the eastbound Pima Freeway can also use southbound Hayden Road to eastbound Pima Road.
Beginning at 9 p.m. Sunday, April 12, the following Pima Freeway ramps will also be closed for construction through June:
• Hayden Road westbound off-ramp
• Pima Road/Princess Drive westbound on-ramp
- Westbound detour: Drivers can exit the westbound Pima Freeway at Pima Road and travel west to connect with Hayden Road. Drivers wanting to access the westbound Pima Freeway can also use westbound Pima Road to northbound Hayden Road. Crews are scheduled to widen bridges and reconstruct the ramps between Hayden and Pima roads to accommodate the new lanes being added to the Pima Freeway.
Click here to view the ADOT construction notice.
Work on this portion of the Loop 101 Improvement Project is scheduled to last through early 2021. Learn more at azdot.gov/Loop101Improvements.
With state highways essential to delivering goods and services, ADOT, its employees and its contractor partners are dedicated to delivering transportation improvement projects during the current public health situation. To learn more, please visit azdot.gov/covid-19-resource-center.