Protocols and guidelines for Desert Camp Community Center
According to the Arizona Department of Health Services (ADHS), Maricopa County is now considered to be at “Moderate Community Spread” for COVID-19.
With the achievement of that key benchmark, indoor gyms and many other businesses are now allowed to reopen with new guidelines.
To minimize the spread of COVID-19 among residents and staff, these are the changes that have been implemented for Desert Camp Community Center:
• Face coverings will be required inside at all times, including the fitness room, lobby, locker rooms and multi-use areas.
• Occupancy will be limited to 3 residents.
• Residents can call 480.342.7178 to reserve an “on the hour” (e.g., 7 a.m. to 7:45 a.m.) workout slot up to one day in advance.
• All residents are required to check in at the front desk in the lobby.
• Residents only, please. No guests.
• Please limit fitness room workouts to 45 minutes.
• Additional equipment has been removed to comply with physical distancing requirements.
• Bring your own towel, mat and water.
• All staff have been trained to participate in cleaning and disinfecting.
• Hand sanitizer stations and disinfectant wipes are located throughout the facility.
• Residents will receive cleaning supplies to wipe down machines and equipment before and after use.
• All residents must complete a facility agreement and COVID-19 waiver to visit the community center. Children ages 14-17 need to complete a waiver in the presence of a guardian.
• Desert Camp is open Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. and Saturday and Sunday from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
• For everyone’s safety, please stay home if you have a fever or other symptoms of COVID-19, such as chills, cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, fatigue, headache, muscle/body aches, runny nose/congestion, new loss of taste or smell, or nausea, vomiting, diarrhea or if you have had close contact with an individual diagnosed with COVID-19.
Click images below to learn more.