June 29, 2020
As part of continued efforts to reverse the trend of COVID-19 spread in Arizona, Governor Doug Ducey today signed an Executive Order to pause some business operations and prohibit certain activities. The new order will take effect at 8:00 p.m. today, Monday, June 29 and will last for at least one month.
This is how the Executive Order will impact DC Ranch:
- The Desert Camp fitness center is closing at 7 p.m. on Monday, June 29. The temporary closure will be in place through at least July 27, 2020.
- The swimming pools at Desert Camp will remain open. All residents are required to check in at the front desk in the lobby and a signed waiver is required. Residents are also required to practice proper physical distancing including when in the pool area. No groups larger than 10 are permitted to congregate. No guests allowed.
- Tennis courts, pickleball courts and playgrounds will remain open for resident use with proper physical distancing.
- In-person fitness classes scheduled to resume in July have been canceled; refunds will be issued. Virtual fitness classes will continue. Check the DCRanch.com calendar for details.
EXECUTIVE ORDER: Pausing of Arizona’s Reopening | Slowing the Spread of COVID-19
June 24, 2020
All outdoor amenities at The Homestead Community Center are scheduled to reopen Monday, July 6.
Residents will be able to enjoy the splash pad, covered playground, basketball court and lawn.
Lobby access is restricted, but residents may enter the restrooms through the exterior doors with their community center key fob. To update or obtain a key fob, please visit Desert Camp Community Center.
- Splash pad and restrooms: 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. daily
- Playground and basketball court: 6 a.m. to 10 p.m. daily
- Residents only – no guests
Click here for more information.
Ranch Offices on Market Street
The Ranch Offices on Market Street will remain closed at least through July. However, DC Ranch team members in all departments are working hard to provide the quality service that residents expect. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact DC Ranch staff by phone at 480-513-1500 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
June 19, 2020
Effective 5 p.m. today Friday, June 19, masks are required to be worn in all DC Ranch common areas, including community centers in accordance with Scottsdale’s emergency proclamation regarding masks.
The proclamation requires people to cover their nose and mouth within all public accommodations, which includes grocery stores, pharmacies, restaurants and bars, gyms and similar facilities, retail stores, special events and public transit.
Businesses that interact with the public must require employees to wear face coverings as well. DC Ranch staff will also comply with the mask mandate.
The emergency proclamation states that failure to comply is a misdemeanor. With that in mind, the DC Ranch team appreciates your partnership and cooperation in ensuring that we are following the mask requirement. Thank you for doing your part to help mitigate the spread of COVID-19.
Please care for yourself and for those around you and continue to adhere to the preventative measures as recommended by public health officials. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact DC Ranch staff by phone at 480-513-1500 or email at email@example.com.
May 29, 2020
Thank you for your continued patience during these uncertain times. The DC Ranch leadership team is carefully developing plans to reopen additional facilities within the community.
The new target opening date for The Homestead Community Center, including the playground, splash pad and basketball court, is Wednesday, July 1.
The Desert Camp Community Center reopened with new protocols and guidelines on Monday, May 18. Residents have once again been able to enjoy the swimming pools, fitness center, tennis and pickleball courts. At this time, significant resources are being devoted to support the new protocols in place at Desert Camp.
Ranch Offices on Market Street
The Ranch Offices on Market Street are scheduled to reopen on Wednesday, July 1 with protocols in place that are consistent with the new CDC guidelines for offices.
DC Ranch team members in all departments are working hard to provide the quality service that residents expect. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the staff by phone at 480-513-1500 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
May 15, 2020
DC Ranch is implementing a phased approach that prioritizes health and safety for residents and staff when reopening amenities. While we look forward to reopening, residents should recognize that phased reopening plans will not be an immediate return to normal operations. Rather, they include additional mitigation measures to foster states of low to no community transmission of coronavirus. For a comprehensive look at the new protocols and guidelines that have been implemented, please visit DCRanch.com. Here are some of the changes Desert Camp visitors can expect:
- Monday-Friday: 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Saturday and Sunday: 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Hours and rules of operation are subject to change. Please check DCRanch.com for up-to-date hours and information.
- Access to fitness center and pools through lobby only
- Check in and waiver required for every resident
- Hand sanitizer stations and disinfectant wipes located throughout the facility
- Residents are encouraged to wear face masks
- Residents should wipe down machines and equipment before and after use
- Staff will wear face masks
- Residents only, no guests
- No private or group lessons, no organized drop-ins
- Service animals only in the building and pool area (no pets)
- Recommended duration for fitness center visit is 45 minutes and two hours for pools
Reopening plans follow guidelines from public health officials along with federal, state and local governments.
When you use DC Ranch Community Council facilities, including Desert Camp Community Center, you acknowledge that you are using these facilities AT YOUR OWN RISK. Follow all CDC guidelines. Stay home if you are sick or a higher risk individual. Stay at least six feet away from other patrons who do not live in your household. Do not touch your eyes, nose or mouth. Use hand sanitizer and/or wash your hands with soap and water for at least twenty seconds.
We look forward to seeing you again and appreciate your cooperation in fostering a healthy and safe environment for all.