Parks, Paths & Trails
Living in DC Ranch is a dream come true for active people seeking a spirit of connectedness. The community has 47 parks, located at the heart of each neighborhood, that are interconnected by over 50 miles of landscaped paths and trails. It’s easy to enjoy nature and walk all around the community without crossing busy streets. That connectivity promotes healthy lifestyles and a sense of community, two of DC Ranch’s founding values.
• The parks vary by neighborhood—some are more formal, others focus on kid-friendly play areas, and several are intimate “pocket” parks tucked into neighborhoods. Many have sweeping views of the McDowell Mountains.
• Park amenities range from fire pits, waterfalls, seat walls, and shade canopies to interesting paving patterns and vine-covered ramadas—and even a life-sized chess board at Homestead Park in Silverleaf Village.
Market Street Park
Market Street Park, located east of Market Street Plaza, is a half-acre of public open space with a fire pit, grills, play area, natural stage area and shade cover. The Starlight Concert Series is held at the park in the spring.
The DC Ranch Community Garden at Copper Ridge School is a place to continue the legacy of community building for future generations of residents and students. Learn More
Paths & Trails
• The path and trail system connects all neighborhood parks and the community centers. Many residents meet each other for walks, with or without their canine companions!
• The trails ultimately lead pedestrians, runners and cyclists to the McDowell Sonoran Preserve, the nation’s largest urban land preserve and the natural backdrop of DC Ranch.
• Please remember that motorized vehicles are not allowed on the paths and trails, with the exception of authorized landscape, maintenance, and utilities crews.
Hiking Safety Videos
Learn how to stay safe while hiking or enjoying a casual neighborhood walk. The Community Council produced a series of videos where experts share their favorite tips for avoiding trouble in the great outdoors.
Path and Trail Maps
These maps are intended for use by DC Ranch residents and their guests. Unauthorized reproduction or distribution of these maps is prohibited.
You must be logged in as a resident to view the maps.