- Community Overview
- Community History
- Residential Villages
- Staff Directory
- Ranch News
- DCR 2020 Strategic Plan
- DCR2020 Ranch-wide Survey
- Dine, Shop, Services
- Real Estate
- Real Estate Policies
- Real Estate Services/Forms
- Quarterly Home Sales
- Real Estate Professionals
- Allan MacDonald | Russ Lyon Sotheby's
- Bob Nathan | Engel & Völkers Scottsdale
- Calamia & Company Real Estate Group | Berkshire Hathaway AZ Properties
- Cashman Partners | Russ Lyon Sotheby's
- Cathy Hotchkiss | RE/MAX Platinum Living
- Chey Castro, MSA | My Home Group
- Chris & Dawn Kirkpatrick | Realty Executives Premier Marketing Group
- Holly Waxman | West USA Realty
- Jay & Michelle Macklin | Re/Max Platinum Living
- Jean Ransdell & Tom Scappaticci | Russ Lyon Sotheby's
- Jeff Sibbach | North Scottsdale Real Estate
- Jennifer Stone | Russ Lyon Sotheby's
- Lisa Westcott-Wadey | The W Group
- Marnie Rosenthal | Russ Lyon Sotheby's
- Matheson Team | Re/Max Fine Properties
- Mike Domer | RE/MAX Excalibur
- Monson Luxury Group | Russ Lyon Sotheby's
- Pennewell Simpson Partners | Russ Lyon Sotheby's
- PR Partners | Realty One Group
- Silverleaf Realty
- Golf & Country Clubs
- Village Health Club & Spa
- Copper Ridge School
- McDowell Sonoran Preserve
- Service Directory
- Pay Assessments
- Resident Services
- Gate Access
- Gate Houses
- Resident Forms
- Contractor Information and Forms
- Additional Information
- Ranch Association Board Election
- "Volunteer of the Year" Nomination Form
- Home Modification
- Landscape Modification
- Rent or Sell Your Home
- Tenant Registration
- Staff Directory
The Covenant Commission establishes and maintains standards for architectural and landscape design in the community. Supported by design professionals, the five-member Covenant Commission reviews architectural design submissions and works with property owners and builders to maintain high standards of quality and architectural harmony with our desert environment.
Modifications to residential property, including exterior architecture additions, landscaping revisions and pool installations are subject to review and approval. Please refer to the Home Modification and Landscape Modification sections for more information.
The Covenant Commission is located at The Ranch Offices on Market Street.
20555 N. Pima Rd., Suite 140
Scottsdale, AZ 85255
Business hours are Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. to noon and 1 to 5 p.m.; except Thursday mornings, when the Covenant Commission is closed from 8 to 10 a.m. for design review meetings.
At closing, you received various documents for DC Ranch including The Covenant at DC Ranch, The Articles of Incorporation of the Covenant Commission, and the bylaws of the Covenant Commission. If you did not receive them, please contact a Covenant Commission staff member to request an electronic copy of the documents.
Design details add immeasurably to the overall aesthetics of a community. Specific guidelines exist for this reason, as well as to help ensure the beauty of the community, the homes, and the landscape, thus preserving the quality of life at DC Ranch.
The idea that governs the Covenant Commission’s review is that even the smallest details are important to the look and feel of the community. Consulting with the Covenant Commission before adding details and/or improvements will reduce the likelihood of disagreements and ensure the quality of additions and home improvements at DC Ranch. Historically, design review committees have had great difficulty with these more detailed issues, particularly since homeowners often undertake the work prior to seeking approval.
Architecture and Landscape at DC Ranch
If you are contemplating an exterior modification to your home or landscape, you must submit a written request and obtain approval prior to any modification. The Covenant Commission documents stipulate that no owner shall place, erect, install or construct any improvement within DC Ranch prior to securing approval. This requirement includes exterior alterations to existing improvements, and planting or removing existing landscape. Please refer to the Home Modification and Landscape Modification sections for more information.
At closing, all owners are made aware that there is a Design and Construction Manual for their neighborhood. Copies are available at the offices of the Covenant Commission. This document provides residents with detailed information regarding modifications to any improvement, including landscape, and the steps that must be taken to secure approval when a modification is requested.
In 2016, a streamlined compilation of these materials, the DC Ranch Standards for Homes, Landscape, and Conduct, was approved. These documents can be accessed here. In addition, a condensed booklet version will be made available to all residents for easy reference.